Rollins Christian Fellowship Church is a friendly, fundamental, independent, Bible-believing church located in Manton, Michigan (just north of Cadillac, MI). Rollins Church began in 1935 as part of the American Sunday School Union. We are conservative in doctrine and practice a Congregational style of government. We run around 125 in attendance on Sunday mornings and offer Sunday School, Youth group, Prayer Meeting & Bible Study, Small Groups, Awana, and other special events throughout the year. Our worship is focused on the Lord and is traditional in style with a mix of some more recent contemporary hymns and worship songs. We are involved in proclaiming God’s Word around the world by supporting 25 missionaries. We recognize the need to reach the unchurched people with the Gospel of Christ, especially young families, of Manton and the surrounding communities. Our desire is to foster growth in each individual’s personal relationship with Christ.
To help meet the Biblical needs of our Church and community, Rollins Church is seeking to fill a full-time Assistant Pastor position. He will be a part of the overall ministry of the church by having opportunities to be involved in every aspect of ministry, which includes being responsible for leading, guiding, teaching and discipling youth and their families. His wife must be supportive of his ministry and involved. We are seeking someone who has completed a degree related to Youth or Pastoral Ministry, or has had significant experience in church ministry; as well as someone with gifts and abilities in the area of leading worship through music.
- An active, dynamic and growing disciple of Jesus Christ.
- Meets the Biblical qualifications for church leaders in 1 Timothy 3, Titus 1, and 1 Peter 5.
- Commitment to the doctrine, vision, values, and beliefs of Rollins Church.
- Able to effectively communicate the Word of God. (2 Timothy 4:2)
- Pastoral philosophy of equipping and discipling students and adults to do the ministry of the church.
- A passion to pastor students and their parents.
- Leadership ability to cast a contagious vision for the youth ministry and the spiritual development of students and families.
- Committed to a team approach to ministry.
- Relational style of leadership and ministry.
- Gifts and abilities in the area of leading worship through music.
If you believe God would have you pursue this position, please send your resume and completed questionnaire (found at www.rollinschurch.org/assistant-pastor-questionnaire) to Rollins Church (10975 E. M-42, Manton, MI 49663) or email to Pastor Bart Glupker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Serve under the direction of Lead Pastor.
- Meet weekly with the Lead Pastor to discuss ministry needs.
- Share in regular pastoral duties (preaching, hospital visitation, elderly care, administration of communion, grief care, crisis counsel, day to day operations, etc.)
- Establish relationships with families and assist in their Biblical responsibility to nurture the lives of their children in Christ.
- Oversee ministry to children, students and their families.
- Responsible for creation of and execution of ministry for Junior High (7th-8th),and High School (9th-12th) students. Including (but not limited too) Sunday Services, Sunday School, Youth Group, Activities, Awana, Outreaches, Camps & Retreats, Mission Trips, Small Groups, Community Involvement, etc.
- Recruitment, training, and shepherding of youth ministry volunteer staff.
- Remain abreast of social and cultural dynamics affecting youth.
- If able, serve in the area of worship through music.
- Regular preaching responsibilities for Sunday or mid-week worship gatherings.
- Give key guidance and develop leadership among students.
- Perpetually resource and develop family life ministry helps for parents.
- Develop a concrete vision for reaching the young families of our local and surrounding area.
- Teams with spiritual leaders/pastors to create age-appropriate discipleshipto church family.
- Able to balance relational ministry to students/families and weekly preparation,administration, execution of ministry programs. He should manage job responsibilities without ignoring his home.
- Attend regularly scheduled Board Meetings.
- Willing to take on new responsibilities, adjust to change in job, methods, personnel and surroundings.
- Committed to serving for 3-5 years, as the Lord directs.
Position: Full Time
Salary Range: $27,000-$33,000 (depending on experience)
Benefits: Parsonage Housing & Utilities, Medical Insurance, ½ Self Employment taxes